Introduction to Terracoin, masternodes and Terracoin Services
What is Terracoin?
- Terracoin is a digital currency comparable to Bitcoin
- In digital currencies, coins can be transferred securely and irreversible from one digital wallet to annother wallet
- There is no bank or other central authory involved in the transfer of coins. Therefore payments can not be stopped and coins can not be frozen.
- Terracoin can be transferred anonymously. Payments are confirmed to the recipient within 1 minute. With Bitcoin, payments can be traced and it takes 30 minutes to confirm a payment.
- The Bitcoin project has no funding. With Terracoin, 10% of the coins are directed to development and marketing. Currently 1391 masternode owners vote, to which project the funds should go each month. You see, the distribution of the funds is decentralized, so it can not be taken down.
- Click here to download the Terracoin wallet or find more information about Terracoin!
What is a masternode?
- With Bitcoin there are only wallets which connect between eachother
- With Terracoin there are regular wallets and in addition full wallets, which are called masternodes
- A masternode allows the anonymous transfer of coins and almost instant payments
- The setup of one masternode requires the masternode owner to lock 5000 TRC within his own wallet (5000 TRC = 182.22 USD)
- Every 1 - 2 days the masternode operator earns 4.5 TRC from the blockchain for running the service
- A masternode can only be run on port 13333 on a static IPv4
- Follow this tutorials to setup your own masternode!
The Terracoin Services masternode monitoring service
- Monitoring your masternode is a pain. You have to check a bunch of things and write scripts to make sure your masternode operates correctly.
- services.terracoin.io eases this pain by offering a simple to use, comprehensive masternode monitoring service
- We make sure your masternode is running correctly to ensure it gets paid without interruptions
- In case something is wrong, you are notified by e-mail or on your mobile
- You can conveniently view your masternode status, masternode details, earnings and historic earnings
The Terracoin Services budget voting service
- The cryptocurrency Terracoin comprises a budget system, which allows to direct funds to development, marketing or law projects by votes of masternode owners (this system is completely independent of Terracoin Services)
- You can comfortably submit your masternode budget votes from the Terracoin Services website in an trustless and safe manner
Is Terracoin Services involved in processing of any funds?
- Terracoin Services is not involved in any digital money transmission
- Terracoin Services does not perform any payouts
- Terracoin Services is a monitoring service only, taking public Terracoin blockchain data to monitor masternode uptime/earnings and to display budget proposal information
- Masternodes are operated by individuals
- Terracoin Services does not have access to your wallet funds
- Terracoin Services is currently free of charge (non profit)
Join Terracoin Services now!